Thursday, October 20, 2011

You light up my world!

Okay, so I'm going to go on a little rant here. It has a point, I promise. I'm going to rant about lighting. Lighting is a very important key part of the fashion industry, it can really make or break your garment, as well as your overall shopping experience in the store. So why in the world would stores like Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister keep their stores nearly pitch black? And another thing, why does Hollister keep their tables and merchandise so close togerher? They're just asking for me to run into stuff. I literally can't see a darn thing when I shop in there. When I was little, I was afraid of those stores because i was afraid of the dark. So i'm just wondering, what is their thinking behind the basically pitch black store? If the customer can't see what they are buying, they'll buy more of it? Well my thinking is, if i can't see what it is, it's either time to go to the eye doctor or most likely time to get out of the store. I guess they could be thinking if they have dim lighting in the dressing room, the customer is more inclined to buy the product, no matter if it looks good on or not. That's kind of a smart idea, but me personally, if i can't see myself in a garment then I don't buy it. I'm particular about the clothes I buy, I want them to fit me well and I want them to look good on me. If I can't see it, then sorry store, I won't be seeing the check out counter.

I really like the lighting in Anthropology, it's warm but not too dim, and it's not too bright to be harsh. It's just right, and it makes everything feel more homey. I literally love that store by the way. Because their image is like a rustic type store, kind of hippy-ish, very laid back, kind of woodsy, earthy, things like that. And the lighting just helps complete that mood. Its not directly overhead, so it's not too bright and in your face. It really makes the garments look their best.

  

So that was my little rant about light... Abercrombie and Hollister, I still don't understand why it has to be so dark in there. I never go in those stores alone, for fear that I'll get attacked. Hmm but maybe that is their tactic all along, the scarier they make it, the more support people customers have to bring along... which means more revenue... but if you can't see the product, then its a moot point... The world may never know the real reason behind their lack of lighting.

Vivre la mode, tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment