Friday, October 21, 2011

Why are these fish biting my toes? Oh, I guess that's a new pedicure technique...

Page 243 in the Principles of Art and Design textbook includes a big picture of little tiny fish biting a customer's toes. Let me just say... EWWW! I understand why that is in the book though, it is talking about different ways companies can distinguish themselves from others. It is also in the section under touch, and how touch is an important aspect of tactile sensations in the clothing consumption world. The tactical sensation the fish give is something different and definitely interesting. That is certainly different than the foot spa's I have been to. Anyway, I read an article one time about how those foot spa's are actually really unhealthy for customers because some of them don't change the water between pedicures. So the person in front of you, what if they had a really gross foot fungus? Or athlete's foot? I'm personally not gonna let those little fish who eat that stuff nibble at my toes. I like my feet not being bitten by strange dead-skin-eating animals. What are they going to come up with next? A dog that is able to lick all the dead skin off? A snail that is able to suck all of it off? Those just sound so gross, as does sticking my feet into a little pond in which little fish are going to eat the grossness off my feet. So I won't ever be going to one of those places, needless to say.

    

That just looks so relaxing. Not. Here's the link to an article about these spa's in case you are interested.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8833304/Health-risk-from-fish-pedicures.html

Virvre la mode, tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment