Thursday, October 20, 2011

Express Yourself Through Your Clothes!

My roommate and I were talking yesterday, and somehow we got on the subject of accessorizing. She told me, "Logan, you accessorize so well! And you always have a matching headband. It's so you!" and we proceeded to gush about headbands and our favorite types of accessories.  But it got me thinking about individual identity. And I was looking in my Principles of Art and Design textbook, and it just so happens that identity is a symbolic quality based benefit under the umbrella of Aesthetic Benefits, which is a value derived from the 5P's. Everybody likes to be an individual; no one likes to fade in the backgroud and be unrecognized. Most clothes college students have these days come from the shops around their campus, so they are all going to slightly resemble each other; no one can stand out that waySo accessories help to give a look an individual touch- if you are sporty wear tennis shoes and a cap. If you are girly, add a sparkly necklace and a colorful statement bag. The important thing is that you stay true to yourself; that's the whole point of individuality.

So look through your closet and see which colors you have most in your closet. Are they prints? Are they a boring color? If you predominantly have a basic color like black or white, that's great because you could put whatever color you want with it. If you have prints, you have to be careful because you don't want your accessories to overpower your prints. And if you have a boring color like gray or a light peach or something, add color to it! Add texture! Add whatever makes you, you. Me personally, I am a super girly girl, so therefore I like sparkle, the color pink, and more sparkle. So what I do is I never leave my dorm room without having my earrings match something in my outfit. And if the look calls for it, I wear a necklace, or bracelette, or rings, or a scarf.

Thank goodness scarves are in this season, because they are a great way to express yourself. There are so many types of scarves out there, colorful, some with texture, some with sparkles, some with prints, words, basically anything you could want. Not only are scarves great to have because of the chill in the air, you can make any look you own by adding your own flavor with a fun scarf.

And I love me some picures, so I'll add some examples.

                         
3 looks, one scarf!                                                                   Excellent way to spice up any look
   
                                               
I love this necklace with Sandra's dress                                        Great necklace, bag and shoe combo

 
And my personal favorite, headbands :)


Vivre la mode, tout le monde!

1 comment:

  1. I love accessorizing and am so glad scarves are in for the fall!

    ReplyDelete