Tuesday, May 19, 2015

This is the end....

Ciao :(

I'm so sad that study abroad is over! Gosh, I have learned so many things in my 4 months away!!!! Well first things first, I'll talk about my last few days.

-Lots of gelato was consumed, we went to our favorite little hangouts, my roommates and I took lots of pictures together, and there was some tears. But we were all excited to go home honestly, we missed simple things like hearing english spoken everywhere. So after we checked out of our apartment on the last day, Taylor left first to the airport and she made it home first. Maggie left second, she ran to the train station to catch a train to Milan to meet up with a family friend until her family met up with her. They traveled around for another week. And Ashton and I left at about the same time, her brother and her stayed with her grandparents until her parents got there, and they also travelled around for another week.

I had to transfer my bags to a hotel room for the night, because my flight was the next morning. I spent the day walking around, eating lots of my favorite food I knew I wouldn't get again, and watching ALL my friends back home graduate. I watched all 3 ceremonies. I found the rose garden by Piazzale Michelangelo and stayed there for a while- it was beautiful. Walked the beautiful streets of florence while I shopped for last minute souvenirs that wouldn't be able to fit in my suitcase but I made them fit. I had dinner alone at one of my favorite restaurants and tried not to think of how much I was going to miss that place.

I took a taxi ride early in the morning to the airport where I was put on an earlier flight to Paris. The paris airport is amazing :) I had a 5 hour layover there, then the 9 hour flight over the atlantic. I finally landed in Atlanta, and the line for customs was so long, it made me miss my connecting flight to dallas by 10 minutes. So I had to be put on the standby list for the next one. But praise God that I got the last seat on the flight by flying standby, and I made it home after about 18 hours of straight traveling. My luggage arrived before me, but my lovely parents got it before I landed. Finally was back in the states and it felt so good :)

Thats all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment