Monday, November 5, 2012

Collars and such- Apparel design I


Hello people of the Internet!

Let me just start off by saying, wow this year is going by fast! It's already November! I bet everyone is starting to wear their winter clothes :) except for Texas, because Texas is stupid and still thinks it's supposed to be hot outside. Anyway, today I am talking about collars. Collars on shirts, dresses, as necklaces, you name it! Collars are really coming back into style. They have a really cool ability to add sophistication to an outfit, while making it still feminine. I saw in my Teen Vogue magazine that collar necklaces are big now (although I was wearing them a few years ago, these are a little different).



I think these are super awesome! The next time I go shopping, I will be sure to buy some! I love the vintage one on the left. It is just enough to give a little wink to a bygone era, but not enough to make you look frumpy. Just be sure to make it modern, either with a nice red lip or a funky shoe or clutch. Don't look like a grandma! See, on the right they put a super bright shirt balanced with the darker collar necklace which is great for fall. No drab, dark outfits just because it is cold!


Now, collars on dresses are also very in, and very cute. Whether you have a mandarin collar, full roll, or Peter Pan, it's sure to look feminine and fashion forward.



So cute :) the middle dress paired with some black lace tights and red boots and a red coat would be awesome for autumn/ winter :) collared shirts don't have to look like the traditional prep school, starched white, uptight shirt. They can look cute and feminine in nice colors, prints and styles as seen below.
Okay, all of these shirts are crazy cute. They are all very classy yet they are not stuffy or uptight.

So that's for this post, I just wanted to share with you my new love of the modern collared shirt, and the bling collar necklaces :) Vivre la mode, tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment